Monday, November 3, 2008

Your comments are welcomed.

12 comments:

Ugh said...

I just happened to stumble into your website and was very impressed. Your impressionistic style is something I admire as an artist myself. I have never been able to pull it off myself. I paint primarily with acrylics and rarely venture into oils.
Do you paint professionally and sell your work? - or are you like me doing it for the self satisfaction and the thrill I get doing commissioned work for friends and family?

My art can be seen at http://www.static-art.blogspot.com/

Anyway, very, very nice work, sir!

joe spadaford said...

Great job Michael! This is one complete blog. So much style and content displayed I am amazed at your range as an artist. You're what I aspire to be old pal!

joe spadaford

Anonymous said...

Michael,

It's amazing to see your body of work displayed in one place. As I went through the site I was particulary struck with the quick-sketch watercolor-on-board landscapes such as "Haystacks." There is so much freedom and joy in them--so much heart. I can see them blown up Russell Chatham-size. In fact, they remind me a little of Chatham but with more richness and warmth.

Honey, you take my breath away!

Love,

Bev

Benjamin Plouffe said...

YOure layouts and layout renderings are crazy!!! Its too bad things arent done like that anymore! Nice stuff!!!

Tooninator said...

wonderfully inspiring work, my friend. Keep at it.

Joseph Sapulich said...

Amazing work, Michael. Your oils have a wonderful sense of life to them. Thank you for sharing your work here.

J.R.Howley said...

Gosh! I remember when you and I worked next to each on HE MAN and the Masters of The Universe! You were a good draftsman even then. I enjoyed seeing your work in oils. Very nice Michael.

Unknown said...

Michael: I love your watercolors. They are wonderfully moody and expressive with lots of room for the viewer to supply storylines.

Bill Haljun

Martin Bergquist said...

Your layout work i fantastic, I'm glad I found your blog. Very inspiring!

Unknown said...

Hi, I just want you to know that it was your concept art on the movie jonah that inspired me to learn how to draw and also made me decide i had to work in the animation/film makeing world when i "grew up". I had never seen concept art before, I did not even know what it was. my first glimps into that whole behind the scenes world of art was on the Jonah dvd when it first came out. I loved your style (and still do)It made me want to learn to draw so much, i went and got a how to draw book, started practicing and still havent stopped. I am in animation school now, still following that dream. thank you for the inspiration. you're awesome.

Emily

paolo_gaspare said...

Your Works are beautiful!

Ciao!
Paolo

Sheri Weinhart said...

Hi, my old friend. Nice to see your current work. I've always been a fan of your art.
Sheri Weinhart